• Register Today It's free!

2004 Sirius Satellite Ready Radio

4.6Runner

Reaction score
City, State
Arvada, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer 4X4
I have a question for all those with a 2004 Explorers with the 6 disc satellite ready radio. Mine does not keep time woth a dang. It can lose as much as 8 mins in a week. That seems to be the only problem. Anyone else have the same problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Satellite Radio

I have the same radio as you I think...I have a 2004 XLT Sport, and my radio has a "sat" button...what do I have to do to get satellite radio? Just goto the dealer and get an antennae?

Most likely you will also need a tuner, since they are not built into radios and I don't think they would install one without an antenna.

You do have too go to the dealer. But it takes another receiver they hide in the back somewhere plus the antenna. That is tied into your current tuner.It is between $300 and $400. I love it. But...I do miss the news from time to time. There are no weather reports; unless you tune in the weather station.

The clock loses time? Thats strange as the clock should be fully electronic, it shouldn't loose time...

As for Sat. radio I have XM in my Lexus and my son had Sirius installed in his. I almost like the programming of the Sirius more. You'll love the sat. radio, its all I ever listen to anymore. They have dedicated Washington DC area traffic and weather, always updated and you don't have to wait, and every kind of music, news, sports, comedy you can think of, both XM and Sirius. Like 4.6 I do miss the local news sometimes and the DJs that pop in (they do on satellite too depending on what station you're listening to) but its a tradeoff. Only problem is my house is in a really wooded area and I usually have to switch to FM about 3 miles away because the signal starts dropping in and out. Other than that though reception is great, only drops out in parking garages and under the heavy steel gas station rooves.

Get it you wont be dissapointed.

BTW...the tuner is not $300-400. You can sign up and get it for like $50 somewhere. I'm not sure what the current deal is, but its usually quite affordable. Give Sirius as call and ask a salesperson. WWW.Sirius.com

The one that Jonger is talking about is on the SIRIUS web page. That is after you have installed the receiver I am talking about I belieive.

you can get a tuner and an antenna both all for under $100. sirius is running a deal now too that if you sign up for a year it's only $10/ month. great deal!

Sirius consists of 3 devices.

Antenea = $40
Sirius Ready Headunit
Sirius Tuner = Regular price of $150, sale price of like $50.

Thats the whole shabang right there. I have had the service since April 2003.

Okay Guys. Here is the thing. Forget what SIRIUS is offering. I am talking about the headunit that Ford now has in dash. You do not need a seprate head unit. I do notice that Jonger did not list a price for the headunit. But you can figure about $200 plus; for a good CD headunit. So there you have $390. No one has answered my question. I know the unit is electronic. It is losing time!! Is anyone else having this problem??

4.6Runner said:
No one has answered my question. I know the unit is electronic. It is losing time!! Is anyone else having this problem??

Sounds like you need to go to the dealer to have it fixed (it is under warranty afterall, right?). If the clock is running slow, it is not related to having the Sirius-ready system. In all likelihood they are going to swap out the radio, and it will be no cost to you.

Back