2004 Sport Trac: Low bucks repairs and modifications to my driver's door. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Sport Trac: Low bucks repairs and modifications to my driver's door.

fatfenders

Reaction score
City, State
Folsom, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Sport Trac V6 4x4
I recently had the window regulator door motor fail. So along with swapping it out for a new one I repaired the rear arm rest where it has shrunk and pulled away from the panel. I also cleaned up and re-painted the panel and fixed the manual interior door handle. The springs in it had gotten stronger with age and required a 9 lb. pull. Now it requires a more reasonable 3 lb pull. But the best mod I made was to install an actuator that unlatches the door with a button right on the round black handle so I don't need to dive down (with my hand) between the panel and the round handle to operate the handle. Now I can simply grasp the round black handle and press a button with my thumb to unlatch the door. Big improvement! To view these effort click here to link to a YouTube video I just published that documents these efforts.

Very innovative, it is good to see owners of ST doing this kind of repairs/modifications.

Back