2004 V8 4.6 L engine O2 Sensors Parts Help.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 V8 4.6 L engine O2 Sensors Parts Help..

Col

Reaction score
City, State
Bogota, Colombia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited V6 3.5L 2014
Hello Guys....

I am planning to replace O2 sensors, so the engine has 4 O2 sensors.. 2 before Catalytic Converter and 2 after it.

Can some one let me know the part number for the Upstream Bank 1 O2 Sensor, Upstream Bank 2 O2 sensor, Downstream Bank 1 O2 Sensor and Downstream Bank 2 O2 Sensor? (It is because last time I take them off for cleaning purpouses I noticed different wire lenghts between bank 1 and bank 2 Upstream O2 sensors, same with the downstream)

I am planning to buy them on e-bay.. so I know Motorcraft O2 sensors should be the Upstream... what brand should be the downstream sensors?.

Also.. there are many information aboyut what is the Bank 1 and Bank 2 on the 4.6L V8 engine. Some says is the driver side some passenger side.. can anyone help to define which one is Bank 1?.

Thanks a lot for your help..

Jorge A.
AKA: Col

for the most relyable and accurate part numbers, check with the parts depot at your local ford dealer.. i think they are all the same just FYI. same part numbers and all.

are you getting a code for a bad o2 sensor? or are you just replacing them for the hell of it.

Back