• Register Today It's free!

2004 won't start no crank

gobstopper77

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Villa, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Sport Trac
Hi. I'm new and I know next to nothing about cars, just to get that out of the way. I can't get my 2004 Sport Trac to start today. It doesn't turn over or click or make any noise. The lights on the dash all go on and the headlight go on without being dim. I don't have a theft protection system that I am aware of but the theft light does do a fast flash when I try to turn on the car. Any suggestions before I get it towed and pay out the nose to fix the thing?

When I was posting this message I had seen the post some guy made about his theft protection system so I went out to see if the same thing happened even though I didn't think I had one. When my light flashed I decided to research that part of the problem. I learned that I do have Theft Protection because it is in my key. Needless to say, I tried my other set and it started right up. I guess I will have to see if they can reprogram my bad key or just buy a new one. Your forum helped save me hundreds of dollars in towing fees and who knows what else just by being here. Thank you so much!

Glad to hear you got the problem solved! You should stick around here, there is plenty of good information here to find!

Back