2004 xlt PO193 code - bad fuel pressure sensor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 xlt PO193 code - bad fuel pressure sensor?

chrisgwood

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'2004 xlt
Check engine light came on. No performance issues. Says High pressure on fuel rail.

should I change the fuel pressure sensor?

If so, does the intake manifold have to come off?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes and yes

It is the 4.0L - Is there a thread detailing getting the manifold off? The dealer wants about $750 for this

It shouldnt be more than a 2 hour job plus part and intake gaskets.

Order the part and intake gaskets from rockauto.com. It is not a hard job at all. Just take your time and you can do it over a weekend if you have issues. Remember not to drop anything down the intake.

Save the money from the dealer/stealer and do it yourself.

2004 Sport Trac PO 193

I have the 6 Cyl 4.0 SOC ..... I recently had that code with an intermittent stumble that would light the CEL. I changed the fuel filter (it was pretty dirty) but still had the problem. I ended up buying the driver's side sensor from Rock Auto (1/2 the price of he local guys) and replaced it. Relieved the fuel pressure by removing the fuel pump selenoid and ran til it died ... Didn't have to remove the manifold and the sensor comes out with two torq bolts and is a pretty easy install.

No more codes :)

Back