2005 back-up camera location? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 back-up camera location?

Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 mountaineer
I just installed a pioneer avic-f90bt in my 2005 explorer. Now I'm lookning to put in a back-up camera but don't know what location or which one. Can you please post pics of where you mounted yours and which model. Thanks in advance for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here is a picture of mine. it is a hitch cover that has a camera mounted in it. the second picture is of one that uses the license plate bolts to mount it.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 793
  • camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 582

Let me know how you like that unit. I know it's very buggy right now, but the hacks available for it are absolutely astounding. One thing I can't stand about it is you can't go into a "direction up" mode in 2D. That is a huge oversight that needs to be fixed by Pioneer. But they have a new update coming out soon that might possibly fix it. It's definitely aimed at reducing the boot time

So far it's been in for 2 days. Very happy with it. A few minor issues but still well worth the price. The new software should fix many of those issues. Check out www.avic411.com . www.sonicelectronix.com has it for 750 including harness and mounting bracket. Good luck, hope that helps.

here is a picture of mine. it is a hitch cover that has a camera mounted in it. the second picture is of one that uses the license plate bolts to mount it.

This is where I have mine located. Me and a buddy both have the same hitch cover, it is just a little 2x2 square with a hole cut out for the camera.

I just ordered one on a plate frame. While at it, I also ordered new headrest with 8.8" screens. I'll take pics after its all in. thanks

Back