• Register Today It's free!

2005 Door Panels

REDBOAT

Reaction score
City, State
Houston Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLS
I have a couple of newbie questions and I am hopeing yall can help me out! I am going to put new speakers in the doors of my 2005 Explorer and would like to know how to remove the door panels. are they still held on with the push clips? are there any screws etc that need to be removed? Can anyone give me step by step instructions on removing the door panels or point me to a site that could give me instructions on removing the panels? I am going to do the front and back doors so any info on doing them both would be really helpfull. Also I am going to replace the stock radio with a new head unit and add an amp is there any problems with removing the stock unit and replacing it with a new unit? Are there any problems with adding an Amp. Thanks in advance!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 98, there's two screws near the handle, once those are removed. Yank the f*cker off.

Thanks donner thats just what I was looking for! I removed the door panels on the 2000 just as you described storlied but the 2 screws near the handle wernt there on this one so I knew there had to be something different.

Is there any problems replacing the stock head unit w/a new one and adding an amp for a little extra bump?

No problems at all...

Thanks donner thats just what I was looking for! I removed the door panels on the 2000 just as you described storlied but the 2 screws near the handle wernt there on this one so I knew there had to be something different.

Is there any problems replacing the stock head unit w/a new one and adding an amp for a little extra bump?

Just make sure you don't have a factory amp... if so, then you should do a search first.

Those plugs in the door can be a challenge, you might want to keep a mini flathead nearby... and under the switch/lock part, there is a latch that you can damage. You can also take the door handle guard off first... then reach under and you'll see that little latch above holding the switch/lock part in place (I broke one). Suerte!

Back