2005 explorer blinker problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

andy13mc

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
So I'm really hoping someone can help me out here.

My 2005 explorer is having troubles with it's left rear blinker and I can't fix it for the life of me.

So here's the issue... When I try to signal left, the indicator blinks rapidly and the front blinker blinks rapidly... sounds like a bad bulb in the rear right? No. I replaced the bulb. Still the same problem. I then did more research and decided to change the fuse for the blinkers and relay on the fuse box under the drivers side dash. Still no worky. THEN after MORE research, I found out that these explorers have a history of flasher relays going out. So after slaving away trying to fit my massive 6'7" frame and hands in the small spaces of the dash to remove and replace the flasher relay, I finally got it switched out aaaannndddd.... nothing. STILL the same issue.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?? Do I need to actually replace the turn signal bulb assembly?? I'd rather not pay $100 to take it in, but at this point I've spent about $25 and a couple hours worth of my time.

Thanks for reading.

Tilting column? If so, try tilting it all the way UP. If that helps, some have issues with the multi function (MFS) switch or connector.

Check all your outside lights -- step on the brakes, have someone help you if need be or back up to a window where you can see the reflection, are the brake lights working properly? What about front parking lights? If the left side is what is blinking fast, then I would think the problem is on the left side.

May seem odd, but change out the front left turn signal and see if that fixes it.

Back