2005 Explorer Limited and possible Mods? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer Limited and possible Mods?

My family has owned several Explorers in the past; I loved them all. I just aquired my own, a 2005 Ford Explorer Limited V8. I have done a HID 9006 headlamp conversion and replaced the high beams with 9005 Sylvania SilverStars. There are a few other modifications that I would like to do.
Does anyone have any suggestions on any chip/modules or air filter kits that will incease power on the 4.6 V8?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got good results from my Mac intake on my 5.0L My dad is looking into getting one for their '02. The only way to upgrade the computer in it is to get a flasher. I think they're around $400. They are very flexible though. Sounds like you got a sweet truck!

Thank you for the suggestion. I figured that the only way to upgrade the computer was though a flasher. I have been investigating one from Superchips called the "Ford Max MicroTuner." I would like to if you or anyone else knows anything about it. Is there another one that anyone would recommend if this is not a good one?

JCM1 said:
Thank you for the suggestion. I figured that the only way to upgrade the computer was though a flasher. I have been investigating one from Superchips called the "Ford Max MicroTuner." I would like to if you or anyone else knows anything about it. Is there another one that anyone would recommend if this is not a good one?

I don't know anything about this but would love to see a pic of your limited.

I'll get a picture as soon as I can, probably this weekend.

Ok, I want to post a picture of my Explorer but, I having trouble figuring out how. Could someone tell me how to post the picture.

You have to have a site to host your pic. I use http://www.freepichosting.com/

As for the flasher you might wanna try talking to HypIllAuto (he's a user on this site). That's where I'm getting mine from.

Or you can e-mail it to me at dirtydog43@gmail.com and I'll host it for you if you want.

Look forward to seeing your X.

sounds like u got a sweet explorer dude! i got a 2004 black limited v8 back in november after having a 2003 eddie bauer v6 and i def. love the limited and v8 more than the v6! look forward to seeing ure X pics.

Back