2005 Explorer power windows are dead | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer power windows are dead

jmosso

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer
Just the other day my wife told me that the windows in her explorer were dead all the way around, all four doors. The power locks still work, moon roof works.......pretty much everything except the windows. I checked the fuse under the hood. It was good. I replace the power window circut break (fuse box under the hood) still nothing. I checked the delay accessory relay under the steering wheel. Nothing. I am at a loss, I have no idea. I check the harness that connects to the drivers window conrol panel and it is getting no power. Although I am guessing at the wiring as I do not have a diagram and I am not sure what wire really does what in concerns to the door panel window buttons. Any suggestions?? thanks.:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Have you tried the master switch in the door?

check the wires inbetween the doors. the same thing happened to mine and it was just some broken wires between the driver door and the truck

does anyone have a location for a 2005 explorer xlt wiring diagram?

Back