2005 Explorer Transmission Cooler

jacardon

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.6
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 2005 Eddie Bauer 4.6 V8 4x4 with a factory Class III tow package. Do these come with a factory transmission cooler? If so, where is it located? A picture would be nice. Ive read that they are in front of the radiator but would like a picture to see what it looks like.

Thanks

I have the V6 and I have a factory tranny cooler, it is mounted right in front of the radiator, the same size. If you look from the top down at an angle you will see a little gap between them. Look for the coolent lines coming from the tranny as well. I don't have a picture it would be real hard to see anyway.

In between the radiator and ac condensor. If you have the two piece plastic cover between the radiator and condensor, when standing in front of the engine, pull up on the right side til it disengages, then slide to the right til the left side disengages. Then remove the splash guard (pull straight up). In between the radiator and condensor you will see a half size radiator. That is the trans cooler.

This is what one looks like.

Attachments

• img021sm.jpg
    img021sm.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 901

Back