• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

2005 Ford Escape - Engine bucks only between 1500 and 2000 rpm - very strange problem

Darkseid

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L
2005 Ford Escape XLT 3.0L V6 DOHC - starts and idles fine. Good power up to about 1500 rpm and then again above 2000 rpm. Problem does not exist outside of this range. Pressing the gas pedal is when the symptoms show up within that range. If I let go of the gas pedal and it is in that range it will not buck. No engine codes show up.

When it is bucking within that range occasionally the Theft light will come on with a notice of no power slightly but the car will keep going.

I have done the following to try to assess and fix the issue with no changes to the actual problem:

- Replaced Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, ICV (Idle Control Value) and Gasket, EGR Value, Inner Manifold Gaskets, Spark Plugs, Coil-on-Plug Boots, TPS(Throttle Position Sensor), Air Filter and the PCV Valve

- Cleaned Throttle Body and MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) with the proper cleaner, tried using different fuel octanes and fuel cleaners as well

Have used both a mechanic code reader/live data tool along with my own BlueDriver code reader but nothing is coming up out of the ordinary.

Another thing I have noticed is when I punch down on the gas pedal to the floor in order to gain quick speed I do feel some slight hesitation spurts where, in my opinion, feels like fuel is having issues getting through but you would think that some sort of code would show up.

I'm stumped at this point and instead of throwing more money towards additional parts and taking it back to the mechanic again (they were unable to find the issue the first time) I though I would try here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G 2005 Escape XLT 3.0 - P0403 Ford Escape Forum 0
G 2005 Escape XLT 3.0-- Vacuum Hose? Ford Escape Forum 2
R 2005 Escape Catalytic Converter Ford Escape Forum 1
M 2005 Escape Front Brakes Ford Escape Forum 2
S 2004 Ford Escape cranks but wont start Ford Escape Forum 0
I trouble code P0113, ford escape please help decode freeze frame info! Ford Escape Forum 0
4 2007 Ford Escape transmission (OD Light flash and late 1st to 2nd shift) Ford Escape Forum 0
XLT 2010 Ford Escape Battery Light Ford Escape Forum 0
F 2011 Ford Escape 4 cylinder FWD Ford Escape Forum 2
0 awesome ford escape video from asia of an escape offroad! Ford Escape Forum 0
J how to lift a ford escape 2006? Ford Escape Forum 4
Rick Ford Escape - Mercury Mariner How To Videos for Do it yourselfers Ford Escape Forum 0
BrooklynBay Ford is recalling more than 10,000 2013 Escapes due to carpet padding. Ford Escape Forum 0
1Aauto How To Replace Install Side Rear View Mirror 2001-07 Ford Escape Mercury Mariner Ford Escape Forum 0
1Aauto How To Replace Install Front Inside Door Handle Ford Escape 2001-07 Ford Escape Forum 0
1Aauto How To Replace Install Front Power Window Regulator 2001-07 Ford Escape Ford Escape Forum 0
1Aauto How To Install Replace Rear hatch Lift Struts Ford Escape 2001-07 Mercury Mariner Ford Escape Forum 1
1Aauto How To Install Replace Rear Glass Support Struts Ford Escape Ford Escape Forum 0
1Aauto How To Install Replace Fuel Filler Neck Ford Escape 02-03 1AAuto.com Ford Escape Forum 0
G Does a 07 Ford Escape have a tranmission filter? Ford Escape Forum 4
E New Ford Escape/Kuga (Vertrek) Ford Escape Forum 12
mattadams Ford Escape for tall drivers Ford Escape Forum 0
mattadams Trailer Hitch add-on for ford escape? Ford Escape Forum 9
mattadams Welcome to the new Ford Escape Forum! Ford Escape Forum 5
peterk9 Ford Kuga = Escape? Ford Escape Forum 18
S 2014 Escape check engine light Ford Escape Forum 3
A 2000 Explorer 15" wheels on a 2012 Escape??? Ford Escape Forum 0
4pointslow Escape for next vehicle? Ford Escape Forum 45
S New to forums...replaced complete engine 2002 escape Ford Escape Forum 0
F Tranny not shifting 03 Escape Ford Escape Forum 0
R '03 Escape 6Cyl - Clogged Cat - Want to have removed. Ford Escape Forum 13
edwx What to watch out for on a 2010 Escape? Ford Escape Forum 0
L Bypass AC 2003 escape Ford Escape Forum 0
G Removing the alternator from a 07 Escape 4 cyl Ford Escape Forum 0
M Problem with 2010 Escape Liftgate Ford Escape Forum 1
D Thinking of buying an Escape Ford Escape Forum 5
ncranchero Now an Escape owner Ford Escape Forum 5
J Escape's hatch won't open Ford Escape Forum 1
M Escape EGR Trouble Ford Escape Forum 0
M I'm looking for used 05 Escape parts Ford Escape Forum 0
B new 2014 Escape the Ex is gone Ford Escape Forum 7
0 posi in an awd escape???? Ford Escape Forum 7
0 new camo job on my 05 escape Ford Escape Forum 6
0 05 lifted escape Ford Escape Forum 1
2 2010 Escape, Rear liftgate won't open ? Ford Escape Forum 32
vroomzoomboom 05 escape drive shaft hanger support (center bearing) ???? Ford Escape Forum 1
G Does the 07 Escape have a timing belt or chain? Ford Escape Forum 2
G Changing the transmission fluid on a 07 Escape Ford Escape Forum 3
B 2009 Escape with PICS! Ford Escape Forum 5
2TimingTom Considering an Escape Ford Escape Forum 16