2005 Ford Explorer cranks, wont start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Ford Explorer cranks, wont start

lawedtenn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello all. My 2005 Ford Explorer turns over just fine, but wont start. It's got the 4.6L v8. I had the Fuel pump replaced. I wasn't home when the mobile mechanic finished. He said it started for him.

The original issue is it died when my daughter was driving it. We waited about 20 minutes and it started up. I'd drove it couple hundred yards, then it would die. 20 minutes later it would restart. Id drive until it died again. I did that 4 or 5 times till I got it home.

All fuses are good. I swapped relays around. replaced the rollover switch. I pulled the Fuel pressure sensor, There was fuel in the rail. However I don't hear the pump run when I turn the switch on.

It's probably a long shot, but anyone have suggestion on what to check next?

Hi all, Just checking in to see if there are any suggestions? Explorer still not running.

After some research, I think I found out the fuel pump won't turn on if one of two sensors are bad? If that's correct anyone know which sensors that would be? I also thought maybe the computer is bad? How would I check that?

Back