2005 ford explorer xlt sound coming from driver side engine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 ford explorer xlt sound coming from driver side engine

mac101264

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2005
Hy to all!!

Bought a 2005 explorer sensa trac xlt sohv6 4.0 litters engine about 2 months ago ( ford cars owner for 20 plus years from econolines to windstar) this particular truck was in great shape inside and out regardless it was getting dust for 2 years sitting on the driveway because the owner have other cars and decided to sell a few .previous owner told me he repair the motor and for what i have seen it looks like it after some elbow grease and changing both front upper arms , changing transmission oil motor oil sparks both front hubs radiator and blowing the differential and replacing it the truck was ready for my day to day work since yesterday im hearing a steady rattlingsound coming from the driver side engine at idle its sound like loose valves but im afraid is the timming chain, oil pressure is great its not burning oil the engine feel strong and responds to the daily drives demands once its running the sound dissipate ohh i forgot it has only the infamously code 401 i think its called bad egr valve. If someone have experience the same issue and can help me pinpoint the problem ? ( it have 238,000 miles and previousowner told me he repair the motor at about 170k

Thank to all and greetings from Puerto Rico!

Back