2005 Ford Explorer XLT - Stall while driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Ford Explorer XLT - Stall while driving

ritterbc

Reaction score
City, State
Kearney
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT 4.0l AWD
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and a bit of a new explorer owner myself. I have an 05 XLT AWD that has 143k. Runs pretty well, has a rebuilt tranny around 135k. The vehicle recently has been stalling randomly while driving. When it stalls, I'll be going anywhere between 25-40MPH, all of the dash lights will turn on and power steering will just stop working. I can pull over, crank it, and it will start right up again without any issues. It does happen regardless of cruise control usage.

I am able to 100% replicate the issue by: getting up to speed around 40MPH, setting cruise control, and then decelerating via the cruise control button around 6-10 times and it will stall. I've seen some posts on here somewhat related, but I'm not sure at this point. I've replaced sparks, and fuel filter..Not sure where to turn to. thought it might be throttle body or perhaps a PCM flash needed? I've already reset computer, no error codes on ODB. Thank you in advance!!!

For anyone having this issue - a new throttlebody (knock on wood) seems to have fixed it.

Back