2005 Ford Sport Trac instrument Cluster | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Ford Sport Trac instrument Cluster

Tim Heck

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac
I have been having the Oh So Typical Sport Trac Instrument Cluster issue. I can beat on it and get it to come on, usually its not that much of an issue, my only concern at the moment is that the alternator will not charge the battery while the cluster is shut down. Is there a bypass, or way to re route the alternator wiring so it will still charge the battery? Or is there an issue with the voltage regulator needing to be in line with the wiring? I am familiar enough with circuitry to have a decent understanding, however I am no expert and just looking for help.

I can get a used cluster(guaranteed working for 12 months) for like $70, but if I am right something needs to be programmed? Because the programming is like $250 according to my local Ford dealership.

Is the programming just for the mileage, or does it have to do with the key?

I have a 2004 ford sport trac with instrument cluster problems. I had the instrument cluster checked for 5 hour and it is not the instrument Cluster it is in the truck it self. What could this be? Any suggestions?

Back