2005 Fuel Level Sensor Code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Fuel Level Sensor Code

ustacp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
So for the past couple of months, I have been having issues with my fuel gauge not working properly and then my check engine light coming on. Upon researching, it looks like this is a very common problem. Well I went to start my truck Sunday and it would not fire up. It acted just like if the fuel pump has died. I try it the next day and Tuesday. I decided to grab some ether and spray some into the truck. The first try started right up and then died. Made me think it was the pump even more. I tried it a couple more times and it actually stayed running that time; therefore, the pump can't be dead. It has been running since Tuesday without any issues. I still assume it has something to do with the fuel system/pump but I am not sure. Any ideas on what could cause it not to start? Everything I have read has said that the sensor would not cause it not to start so I am lost. Also it stalled on me that Saturday but I thought it was my battery terminals as the tend to corrode fast no matter what I do. It started right back up though and my terminals were fine. The battery was also fully charged.

2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 6 Cylinder
Code: P0463 - Fuel level sensor A circuit high

Thank you!

Back