2005 Mountaineer A/C Coming from Floor Vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Mountaineer A/C Coming from Floor Vents

2005Mounty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer
I have searched the forums and have not seen this problem addressed specifically.

I have a 2005 Mountaineer with manual a/c that I just bought with 49K miles. The air comes out through the floor vents in all settings. When the vents are set to the panel I get air from both the panel and floor vents. Same thing with the defrost. Of course the dealer I bought the truck from gave me the "that's normal" line.

I have removed the glove box and located the vacuum motor for the floor vents (blue line). I can see the motor moving as I click trough the settings but the air flow does not change. Is there something else I should look for? Unfortunately I can't see if the door is moving when the actuator moves because it is hidden by the dash. I tried using a mirror to see around the corner but couldn't get a good angle.

I also have the recirc door problem that I read about in another post, but I want to find out what may be causing this problem before I take it back to the dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

sounds like the common blend door problem (and as you already mention that's different from the recirc door problem, they are commonly confused)

Im not sure if you have searched for the word blend door in your searches but thats what most will call it. I believe on here somewhere there is a write up

Now that I think of it, I think its usually the blend door motor that's the problem. it moves, but the gears are broken inside and therefore cannot move the door.

I had the dashboard out of my 05 explorer to repair a fresh air/recirc door problem. While it was apart, I moved all of the directional doors manually, then re-assembled and tested all settings.. Mine blows out of the floor vents constantly as well, Im beginning to think that its supposed to...

Back