2005 Sport Trac Stereo Wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Sport Trac Stereo Wiring

nards1991

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac
so, this is driving me crazy. i have a 2005 sport trac that came with the optional pioneer 6 disc stereo. i believe it also has the factory sub and amp because there was an additional 4 wire connector going into the factory head unit. i am not so much concerned with getting the amp and sub working at the moment as i am with just getting the new jvc kd-r330 to power on and play through the speakers. the biggest problem i am having is finding any wiring diagram or list that even has the same wires that are in my truck. i am going to list the wires in hopes somebody can tell me what is what.

green/black, purple/green, white/purple, pink/gray, red/orange, orange/dark green, orange/light green, white/green, tan/yellow, blue/gray, white/blue, black, one that appears to be red with a thinner black stripe, and one that appears to be black with a thinner red stripe.

the new jvc came with a connector with the following wires:
blue/white-remote
orange-illumination
brown-tel muting
yellow-battery
red-ignition
black-ground
white-front left pos
white/black-front left neg
gray-front right pos
gray/black-front right neg
dark green-rear left pos
dark green/black-rear left neg
purple-rear right pos
purple/black-rear right neg

i really hope somebody out there can help. thanks in advance!

I'd suggest a wiring harness adapter. You can connect the wires from your new radio to the harness adapter, then just plug the adapter into your trucks factory connector. Wires are color coded. Metra makes a kit that will work well. Check out Crutchfield.com or Sonicelectronix.com for the adapter. I was able to install an aftermarket stereo/navigation unit in my '05 with the adapter, almost plug and play.

If its the same stereo as my 05 Adrenaline, you have the factory amp that not only powers the sub but also the rest of the speakers as well. You have two options. Either get an adapter that allows you to use the new stereos power to supply to the speakers using the existing speaker wire or run all new speaker wire. For the first option you will need a scosche line level preamp connector. Pretty cheap and somewhat easy to install. Go to crutchfield.com as they are pretty helpful/knowledgeable.

Back