2005 ST XLT Power Locks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 ST XLT Power Locks

comeaudp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac
I'm having problems with my door locks. The only way to lock/unlock my doors is by using the keyless entry pad. The key doesn't work and the power lock buttons inside don't work. The doors do lock automatically once I take off. I checked all the fuses and relays - all good. Power roof, mirrors, windows are all fine. Just these damn door locks. Any ideas where to start?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Start by flushing out and cleaning the door latches followed with silicone spray lubricant.

Thanks - I'll give that a go tomorrow. Just a note - when I hit the power door lock buttons inside there is not even the tiniest click or sound. Does this trigger any other suggestions?

Thanks again for replying

Hey Swshawaii - I did what you suggested. I soaked all the doors with WD40 and let if sit over night. Did it again in the morning before leaving for work. I sprayed them with a white grease that evening (3 or 4 days ago). Today I took the drivers door apart. I checked the wiring in the boot between the door and the frame and nothing is broken. I checked each one at least twice. I checked all the other connections in the door. The mirrors, windows and keyless entry all work fine. Just the power door lock buttons inside. When I hit the button I get nothing - no sound or even a twitch of the locks. I disconnected everything and cleaned all the connections. Still nothing. Something else is going on because my factory autostart doesn't work either. It turns everything on, does a couple of flashes and then seems to turn off, then it will do it all over again several times. Not sure how many times it would do this becuase I started it with the key after 2 or 3 - I didn't want something else to mess up. When I had my door apart and the driver side kick plate and fuse panel I cound 2 brown wires going to a little push button switch connected to a couple of red wires. Any idea what this is? I pushed it with the truck running and it didn't do anything.

I know this is long winded.....I'm lost. I check my fuses and relays as well. All looked fine. How do you know if a relay is bad when you can't see inside like a fuse? Just switch them around?

Any suggestions? Thanks for your input it is appreciated.

Doug

Ya I did. I checked them all - maybe not good enough! I'm going out now and see if I have a replacement (new) and try that. Thanks again for the input. I'll let you know.....

I gave it a go. I changed fuse# 22 with a new one and no luck. Do you know what the little push button switch I found is for? 2 brown wires going into a switch and they connect to 2 red wires by a clip connector. Looks like something original not added. It feeds in behind the
passenger compartment fuse panel.

I'm lost......

Back