2005 sub placement with RSC

Greg Orchuk

Reaction score
City, State
Gibsons, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Hey all!

My apologies if this has been asked before, I searched for a thread but never found one. If there is one could you link me to it, or if not can anyone please help.

I have a 2005 XLT with Advancetrac/RSC. I changed my stock stereo for a JVC Chameleon and I want to add my 10" sub/amp/box to the vehicle.
However, printed directly in the manual it says (in bold too):

Do not install a stereo loudspeaker near the rear console or either rear seat. The speaker vibrations can adversely affect the Advancetrac(tm)/Roll Stability Control sensors located in this area.

I thought that the Eddie Bauer editions came with factory subs and AT/RSC systems as well, so I'm sure that you can add a sub, just not where the manual says not to.
But where would a good place be? Even if I cannot add my current sub for size restrictions or whatever, I will buy whatever I need to fit.

I have thought of placing my box behind the second bench (infront ofthe third row seat) but is that too close to the rear seat, or is behind the seat a worse place? what about a bass tube?

ANY help would be appreciated. I have tried Crutchfield.com, and a couple other boards asking this but no one seems to know anything.
Please help.:(

Back