• Register Today It's free!

2005 towing hitch rattle

bradsx

Reaction score
City, State
wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ex 4x4
when i put in my reciever its loose in my hitch mount? :eek:;) what do you guys do to fill in gap some?? my bike mount bounces around alot.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could tap a wooden door shim in it. They also make them out of a composite material.

My bike mount came with a bolt that goes through the receiver hole and literally clamps the bike mount to the inside of the receiver. Solid and no rattle.

I used a wooden wedge-shim.

thanks for the info.....got rack used so no bolt to use but seen one on Amazon that i think you were talking about.

Those are super annoying especially when pulling a trailer. You can get hitches and adapters that replace the pin with a bolt. My bike rack has the bolt built in. A few years ago I had a motorcycle trailer that rattled. IIRC, I used a long bolt with a nut fished inside the hitch tube.

Those are super annoying especially when pulling a trailer. You can get hitches and adapters that replace the pin with a bolt. My bike rack has the bolt built in. A few years ago I had a motorcycle trailer that rattled. IIRC, I used a long bolt with a nut fished inside the hitch tube.

I also hate the rattling of the hitch bar while towing. I ended up buying a QuietHitch, like this one:
http://www.specialtysuspension.com/...-ball-mount--Ball-Mount-4-Class-4-_p_428.html

It works as advertised.

Back