2006-2010 Explorer AC Vacuum lines. Where it should be connected? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006-2010 Explorer AC Vacuum lines. Where it should be connected?

Ahmed Ibrahim

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer2006
Hi, I had an issue with the AC not blowing the air from the front vents. i found 2 corroded vacuum lines under the hood from passenger side, one is black and the other is gray and i think the black one connected to the vacuum reservoir under the dashboard in the passenger side but the gray one couldn't trace it .

when i went to the mechanic, he replaced both the vacuum lines under the hood, but he used a joint to connect both to the vacuum control valve "Picture 1" . i don't believe that both were connected to the same valve. Please check picture 4
If someone have any idea where the two vacuum lines supposed to be
connected?
Picture 2 is for the two cables under the passenger side dashboard.
i know that the black one should be connected to the valve in picture 1
and i think the gray line should be connect to this part in Picture 2

Please check the picture. and is there any harm if both lines connected to the same valve?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The grey line is supposed to go to heater shut off valve (#2). It should be isolated from the black dashboard feed line. Check valve seems correct but you might want to test it, it can cause a hissing noise when accelerating.

Thanks @boominXplorer

I isolate the two lines as per your advice. i'll try to connect the gray line to the heater shutoff valve but i don't know how long it will take to find a vacuum line that can fit into the valve.

any problem will happened if i just left this line loose until i find the correct part?
and what is the name of the part at the end of the vacuum line " the angle" that make it fixed inside the shutoff valve?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

If you plug the grey line the dashboard should hold vacuum for the vents to operate correctly. You'll just always have heat running through the heater core.

Back