2006-2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Raptor style LED grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006-2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Raptor style LED grille

07LTDDSM

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac LTD
Has anyone installed one of these before?
What is the plug coming from the LED bar wiring for(circled in yellow)?
I can't find a connection on the vehicle to connect it to.

-amber-led-lightsand-letters-matte-black-trucfri-1.jpg

grille back.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

never seen these before, but probably go to fog light/driving light harness

never seen these before, but probably go to fog light/driving light harness
The fog lights have a different connector. This one is about a half inch wide with red/black leads. Here's a close up.

connector.jpeg

So far you have the yellow leds covered
The power for the light bars covered
And turn signals
The other wire up there is usually for parking lamps? Just A guess. You could try hooking them up to a battery and see what illuminates

No instructions? Online?

So far you have the yellow leds covered
The power for the light bars covered
And turn signals
The other wire up there is usually for parking lamps? Just A guess. You could try hooking them up to a battery and see what illuminates

No instructions? Online?
No instructions at any of the websites selling these. I'm going to connect the yellow LEDs to my fogs with t-taps, and connect the light bars to the turn signals. When they get a power signal they do a staggered illumination similar to the turn signals on the Mustang taillights. I bought a similar "raptor style" grille for my Econoline van, that was pretty straight forward. This one plug just throws me off. Looks like I'll have to pull out the ol multimeter and do some detective work. I'll install it over the weekend and report back.

Now I wanna see the econoline

It was a pretty easy install. I t-tapped power from one of the fog lights. Then I t-tapped the turn indicator signal from both of the turn indicator harnesses.

Back