2006 Camel Interior paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Camel Interior paint

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer V8
I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer with faded front door panels and the door handle trim is chipped up. I know my interior color is "camel" and I plan to order some ColorBond LVP paint (#326) to re-touch it. My seats also need a little touch up but have a lighter colored tan insert that for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get a color match for that! The light colors shows dirt and stains and every time I try to clean it, the dye rubs off and the dirt looks worse. The camel color on the seats is the same, but not as bad. The dye rubs off no matter what (mild!) cleaner I use, they feel sticky and everything just looks gross. Even water causes the dye to rub off. It is maddening and I am thinking a re-spray would be my best bet. I have lots of experience painting so I am not afraid pf ruining my interior, I just don't want to drop a bunch of money trying to find the correct color. Any ideas??

i just did my interior a few months ago and used the lvp 326 for the outer color on the seats. the lighter color i took the car to a SEM paint shop and they made me a color matched spray can .....cost about $25 but it worked fine. technology has come a long way.....years ago you couldnt get paint mixed for a rattle can but you can now. It actually cost more in gas to get to the paint shop than the paint cost,
google your closet SEM dealer or rep and he can give you an address to go to.
Dave

Back