• Register Today It's free!

2006 EX 4.6 3v P0305

granadojl

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie
So I got my Ex back from AAMCO and after spending 2600 on a trans rebuild. I'm now getting a code that reads P0305.

I've cleaned my KNN air filter, MAF, Throttle Body, then swapped coils on cylinders 5 and 6 considering the code is particular to cylinder 5. I'm still getting the code and my engine is running rough. I bought a new HT1 spark plug and getting ready to replace the plug. I'm hoping that will take care of it, if not when I will check the injector for cylinder 5. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can check other than what I've done?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitely spark plug, never seen a problem with injector or coils on 3V motors.

So I just replaced the plug on my 4.6 3v and put 3/4 of seafoam in my tank and cruised the freeways at high speeds and so far, the engine is doing the same thing. Running rough at idle in park/neutral and especially in any forward or rear gear. I'm thinking of running the engine for a little while longer to get the rest of the fuel out of the tank, then filling up with 91 octane. Hopefully I'll be able to kill a 1/4 tank tomorrow and test this out.

Thanks for all of your help.

Turns out I didn't drive my EX long enough with my coils swapped, because a couple of hours ago, I was cruising with a rough engine, and the check engine light came back on..... I pulled over and scanned, and this time pulled a code of P0306. With that being said, I now know what is wrong..... The damn coil went bad. I don't even have 30,000 miles on them, maybe less than that. Anyways, I pulled into AutoZone and bought a coil and replaced it in the parking lot, cleared codes stored in ECM. The Engine has been purring since. So far no codes. I'm glad I didn't have to pull the injector out.

update?

did this finally solve for good?

Back