2006 Explorer (Eddie Bauer) A/C & Speed Control stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer (Eddie Bauer) A/C & Speed Control stopped working

Butch3180

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Hi, I realize I'm a newbie (yes, I registered just to post this question :cool:) but I am on my third Explorer EB, current truck is a 2006 (V6 4.0L) and I'm not much of a mechanic but this problem smells electrical to me, and thought I'd ask the question before going to the Ford dealer to get hosed to the tune of $1500.00.

After never having a problem, over the past weekend, suddenly the speed control and the A/C will not turn on. The A/C light on the climate control panel stays on, but the A/C clutch makes no attempt to engage. The speed control, which has always worked fine, no longer works, buttons on steering wheel aren't sticking, but light on dash won't come on.

My theory is that one of the relays in the fuse box that handles both these things has stopped working, but there's no reference to which one it might be in the owner's manual.

Also, one other piece of info: We recently had the radiator replaced, with about 56,000 miles, the old one failed on both ends. Is it possible an electrical connection or vacuum line was knocked loose or disrupted somehow during the repair? The radiator shop that did the work claims this isn't possible, but I thought I'd at least throw this out there.

Thanks in advance for any clues one of you might be able to provide.

Butch

Back