2006 Explorer Grey AC Line Mystery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer Grey AC Line Mystery

dbeyer

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey City, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Eddie Bauer
The AC works fine until I accelerate. Accelerating causes the AC front blowers to dip and not blow any air. I hear a hiss from behind the glovebox, and AC doesn't return until I take my foot off the gas. Checking behind the glovebox, all connections seem sound. Looking under the hood I found the grey AC line just dangling. I can't figure out where this is supposed to connect. It isn't very long so the right port can't be far. Is it missing a length of hose at that elbow? Does anyone know where this is supposed to connect? Hoping that will solve the issue.

IMG_5891.jpg

Grey line possibly to the heater control valve that appears capped or the vacuum reservoir "ball" mounted to the passenger inner fender.

Hissing may be a faulty A/C check valve. (YG-360)

Grey line possibly to the heater control valve that appears capped or the vacuum reservoir "ball" mounted to the passenger inner fender.

Hissing may be a faulty A/C check valve. (YG-360)

Thanks for the speedy response! I had a suspicion it might connect to the component circled in this image (heat control valve?) but the line is far too short to reach. Is there supposed to be another length of hose that goes from the elbow to that valve?

Explorer heat control valve.JPG

Back