• Register Today It's free!

2006 explorer Hose collapse

Funkydm

Reaction score
City, State
Deer Park, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
Can everyone help me figure out what this hose is connected? This hose collapsed and I have a rough idle now.

2E88A3F3-000B-40C1-96B3-AD6B7014C4AC.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have a V6 but I would guess since it collapsed that it is a vacuum hose and it would probably be attached to the back of the intake.

I don't have a V6 but I would guess since it collapsed that it is a vacuum hose and it would probably be attached to the back of the intake.

I don’t disagree. I took off the manifold but couldn’t find any clogs anywhere. I’m stumped. Also having a radiator fluid problem. I have no leaks and I don’t smell any coolant but the reservoir is filling with the coolant from radiator and not going back into radiator. I already replaced the cap too. Man I need help and don’t want to throw a lot of money.

I think that the line goes to your evap canister purge valve. I cant really help more than that because I dont know how that system works or why that hose is collapsed.

The cooling system problem could be do to air entering the overflow hose and not allowing the vacuum from the radiator to draw fluid back only the air.

I think that the line goes to your evap canister purge valve. I cant really help more than that because I dont know how that system works or why that hose is collapsed.

The cooling system problem could be do to air entering the overflow hose and not allowing the vacuum from the radiator to draw fluid back only the air.

I didn’t think about that hose on the overflow. I’m gonna check that right away.

Back