2006 Explorer interior trim paint touch up | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer interior trim paint touch up

rentalguy

Reaction score
City, State
Kissimmee, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT 4x4
The steering wheel on my 06 Explorer looks horrible from the coating having worn off. I would like to dye this and also touch up the passenger air bag panel which is on the dash. The interior color code is TC. Does anyone know of any sellers who sell an interior paint or dye color match to help.
Thanks,
David

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to be doing the "Camel" steering wheel in our Explorer. I know it will need to be thoroughly cleaned of all protectants, oils, and whatever else is glopped on it. Then it will need paint or dye. And finally a clear coat. This outfit sells kits for the purpose:

Looks like a little over $50.00 to get it done, with extra left over for seat touch up. I'll post if I find a better deal.

When I get ready to do my camel colored leather steering wheel this is the stuff I will get from my local craft/fabric store.
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/10144517-AA.shtml
I might have to mix two colors to get the shade just right, but for maybe $8.00 total not a bad price.

I would love to see the results, this is on my list as well.

sorry to hyjack your post lol... I know the main tan color in my eddie bauer is camel but I am having some trouble locating what the lighter color on the seats is? I have seen some close but im looking for the exact one

That's not off topic at all, it's a very good question. If I can find the exact color codes, I'll post 'em right in this thread.

Thanks... I have a buddy at the ford dealer back home, hes gonna try and look it up for me monday too lol

Back