2006 Explorer power 3rd row seat stuck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer power 3rd row seat stuck

Durf

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
The passenger side 3rd row power seat is stuck in the down position. The motor engages but will not raise the seat. Any help out there on what the problem could be and/or a solution?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

motor

The gears are stripped in the motor. Of course in typical ford fashion you cannot buy the gears, you have to buy the whole motor. Not sure on cost, mine was just done for free...

I just started having this same problem except mine is on my driver side. I was scared that I was going to have to replace the whole motor as opposed to just the gears.
Is there a way to manually use that particular seat? Like a manual release or something? I would assume there would be but I haven't been able to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I couldn't find a way to not use motor. I've gone to keeping it up all the time since motor replacement seems the only option...

Back