• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer. Rear A/C issues.

Sylvurhfox

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer
I am looking for the solenoid that turns the freon on to the rear A/C expansion valve. I have cold air to the front but the rear, when turned on is cool (not cold) then slowly warms up. What could be the problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nothing turns it on.......... when you turn ac on, it should go to both front and rear evaporators.

you might have a bad expansion valve tho.

Crawl under the truck and locate the refridgerant lines to the rear and turn on the truck and the ac. The low pressure line (larger line) should be cold and condense moisture on it(if it is humid enough outside). If the this line is cold than the problem may be in the temperature blend door or actuator in the rear ac/heater case is not working properly. If both lines are hot or warm then as Waskly said maybe the orafice tube for the rear ac is plugged

I thought that if the freon was constantly flowing through the evaporator and no air was blowing through the evaporator that it would freeze up so no air would flow untill thawed.

Back