2006 Explorer remote won't lock doors, but will unlock doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer remote won't lock doors, but will unlock doors

JRT17

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer 4.6
Hi,

I have a 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer, and I'm having a strange problem with my remote. I have two remotes...the 4 button which locks and unlocks the doors, and the 6 button which locks and unlocks the doors and starts the engine. The 4 button remote locks and unlocks the doors. But the 6 button remote won't lock the doors, but it will unlock the doors and it will also start the engine. I also have a spare set of keys with a 4 button and a 6 button remote, and I have the exact same problem with both sets.

Sounds like you had a remote starter installed and a wire has come loose. Wherever they spliced into the factory wiring has come loose. Not uncommon for aftermarket installs - you really have no idea of the experience level of the person that did it. And I can't really help because I have no idea where he tapped into the factory wiring. You have some exploring to do!

Thanks 07 EddyB,
I've only had this explorer for 3 years now, and I have no idea who installed the remote starter or what type it is. I assumed that it was a factory install because it says Ford on the back of the remote. I'll check the wiring tomorrow for a loose wire... makes sense what your saying about a loose wire from an install where they splice into the wire harness.
I'll let you know what I find.

Back