• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer Seat Wiring Diagram

j2davis

Reaction score
City, State
Graham
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
I purchased 2006 Explorer seats to install in a 1956 F100. The seats are heated and all power except the passenger lumbar is manual. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that identifies each colored wire that comes to the under seat connector? I've seen a couple schematics but they are too small to be readable and when enlarged are too blurry to read.

Thanks,
Jerry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a 6 way seat and a 10 way seat and each was available with and without memory. The seat heating is a separate harness/connector. So, many different wiring diagrams.
You likely have the 10 way, so I will post the connector pin-outs for the power seat switch.

Seat component location and seat switch pinout.

20230131_141253~2.jpg 20230131_140321~2.jpg

Schematics with & without memory. Also connector c339, c340 pinouts.

20230131_154712~2.jpg 20230131_153348~2.jpg 20230131_153700~2.jpg

Bill, Thank you very much! This information will be very helpful! I am after the mechanical movement (vertical and horizontal) and heat functions. I will not use the airbags and other sensors and modules.

I tackled the passenger seat first trying to map out wires the best that I could without pulling the loom apart. I really prefer to keep the loom and all original taping and binding intact as much as feasible.

For the passenger seat I was able figure out wiring for the airbags and the seat movement control. Taping and binding and the type of connector involved in the remaining do not allow easy access. At this point I cannot figure what wires feed the heat for the seat back and seat bottom.

The connector under the passenger seat has a center 12 pin rectangular configuration area with 4 round wiring holes on the outer corners of the connector. All the 12 pin are used and 3 of the outer round holes are used. Do you have any information on this connector?

I plan to use the information that you provided today to begin figuring out the drivers seat.

Thanks again!

Jerry

I'll get that for you today. How about a pic of your project?

Pictoral of right seat, schematic and 16 pin connector. Only 12 used (#c327)

Think this thread needs project pictures.

20230201_121728~2.jpg 20230201_120603~2.jpg 20230201_120707~2.jpg

Schematic for heated seats. Power is supplied through the main connector. Pin #1 for the right seat C327 and pin #9 for the left seat C339.

20230201_123056.jpg

Thanks, I'll take a look at these additional pics when possible. For the drivers seat, the control switch has a smaller gauge red and black wire. I provided power to these and the lumbar responded but appears to be broken. No response from the vertical/horizontal switches. Do you think this smaller gauge red and black wiring provides power to all the mechanical functions?

I attached a pic of my work area. Kind of messy and you'll see I have allot of work ahead. The engine is at the machine shop. I've installed an coilover IFS and an IRS from a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII. I'll need to design and have a fuel tank made that fits behind the Lincoln IRS.

Thanks a bunch!

Jerry

Seat_Truck picture.jpg

From c352 above. Note pin 5. 2 different wire sizes and different colors. You must have the 10 way memory seats.
Between c340 and c352, there is a slice, s337, that feeds power to the seat module at pin 1.
Here is the schematic for the memory seats.

20230202_164638.jpg

I purchased 2006 Explorer seats to install in a 1956 F100. The seats are heated and all power except the passenger lumbar is manual. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that identifies each colored wire that comes to the under seat connector? I've seen a couple schematics but they are too small to be readable and when enlarged are too blurry to read.

Thanks,
Jerry
Hi Jerry, I think I can help you. I have a workshop manual for the XP 2008 and can send you the wiring diagrams for your problem. However, you need some patience as I won't be at home for a few days.
Costa
Greetings from Hamburg-Germany

Hi Jerry, I think I can help you. I have a workshop manual for the XP 2008 and can send you the wiring diagrams for your problem. However, you need some patience as I won't be at home for a few days.
Costa
Greetings from Hamburg-Germany
Sorry I didn't read the entire thread.
It seems that you already have quite a lot of information and you don't need schematics. If you need further information please let me know
Greetings Kosta
Hamburg, Germany

Sorry for the late response, got busy with family. I cannot read this last drawing. It's too small to read and when I try to enlarge it, it gets fuzzy. I hate to ask but can you upload another image? Thank you very much for your help!!!

Jerry

How is this?

20230207_123612~3.jpg

That is much better. Thank you very much!

Back