2006 Explorer with navigation - how to add ipod interface!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer with navigation - how to add ipod interface!?

bitkahuna

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Limited
is there ANY way to add an ipod/aux type interface to my 2006 explorer limited with navigation and cd changer?

so frustrating not having it.

thanks for any ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there ANY way to add an ipod/aux type interface to my 2006 explorer limited with navigation and cd changer?

so frustrating not having it.

thanks for any ideas.

The only one I know of is made by brandmotion but I have no idea what the output on a nav screen actually looks like. They show it on a regular radio. You can find it here -

iPod Interface

I ended up just replacing my nav unit with a much better equipped Pioneer deck. I would have never bought the factory nav but was stuck with it since I bought a left over '06 at the time.

There are a few out there. The one I have is made by blitzsafe. Install took 10 minutes. It's an ok product, but still not that great. It does retain the steering wheel controls, but you can't search tracks on the screen, you either have to hit next and see what song is next or control it directly from your ipod.

Got mine from here, they were the cheapest and the customer service was awesome (first one was defective and the switched it out no questions asked)

http://stores.ebay.com/Integration-Solutions/_i.html?_fsub=4826923&_sc=1&_sop=10

Buy and have the dealer or other install the Ford Trip Tunes. I had one on my 2003 Explorer and worked great.

Back