2006 Explorer XLT 2WD - ABS Light on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer XLT 2WD - ABS Light on

donburrow

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
So I've read around the forum some, you guys are freaking awesome w/the answers!

My ABS light came on and of course now has disabled the RSC and AdvanceTrac.

I suspect the rear sensor/module/tone ring, going to have it scanned shortly. My question is, since this is 4 wheel independent suspension, do I still have to pull the axle if it's the tone ring..continuing on that vein, what is the procedure to do the rear module and tone ring?
Symptoms are: Start the truck, take off, first use of brakes results in the ABS system activating and pulsing the brakes, then the system shuts down and the ABS and stability control idiot lights come on...
Thanks folks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the right rear cracked tone ring issue. I let the dealer fix it and I believe they told me they did pull the axle. At least that's what they said. They fixed it quick and it was 300 & change. I wasn't going to mess with it because I didn't know what was wrong with it. Just had 3 warning lights on. ABS, traction control, and drivetrain lights.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. Is yours a 4wd? I only have the RSC and ABS lights on is why I ask...taking it in tomorrow to have it scanned and scoped...may be too little too late, we're in for a snow storm tomorrow and I do not look forward to driving this beast w/o ABS or RSC...going to be an adventure for sure...

Yeah, mine is a 4wd. Maybe that's why the powertrain light was on.

Yep, that's what I bet. Damn I wish I would have done this last weekend lol!

So I was looking through the scan tools that advance sells and some of the scanners can now read ABS codes. So I called Advance and they had upgraded their scanners so that they can now pull the ABS codes. I had them pull the one on mine, replaced the part that was faulty, and so far so good. Just letting everyone know that the dealership isn't your only option anymore to have your ABS code read. At least the parts stores here are upgrading their scanners to read ABS codes. I called around and 3 of the stores had the scanners that could read the ABS codes now.

Back