2006 Explorer | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer

ya know if you guys actually read that lil graph on the second page of that link, you would notice the typo(s)...

if you dont notice on your own, ask and i shall reveal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep they had the specs for the V8 but listed it as a V6. 250Hp is not enough for a V8 so it may as well be a 6.

Ford’s plan for a major overhaul of the midsize Explorer looks to be on hold until at least the 2007 model year, judging by this reader shot of an Explorer with camouflage hiding just a restyled front end, grille and rear fascia. AutoWeek reader Mike Hurayt of Youngstown, Ohio, bagged this redone 2006 Explorer from the vantage point of his toll booth on the Ohio Turnpike.
Well apparently it's on hold now?? :confused:

stopped by the ford dealer on saturday to price a new eddie b version,, STILL expensive! But I was asking about the time table as to if - or when they would get the newer explorers and he said late sept/ to early October, This was the head sales guy so i'm banking on what he had, apparently several people in the fredericksburg area didnt like the looks of the new style and they made sure they bought the 3rd generation. So if you like the old 3rd gen modle better hurry, I only found one eddie, and 5 xlt's that were kinda cheap looking,, Still cant wait to see the new x's in person.

stopped by the ford dealer on saturday to price a new eddie b version,, STILL expensive!

Did you price it with the employee discount and all the other incentives they had?

42k on the eddie b version at MSRP,, 39k at invoice, it was fully loaded, but minus the possible 3k average for the family plan setup, and possibly alittle haggling
37k?? I want one pretty bad but they arent really wanting to mess w/ the price too much after the discounts from ford,, Is anyone else expericencing this? I wasnt to serious about haggling as I'm not in the market as of yet but if the right price came up,,,

What about your owner incentive? Mine is $4,000 plus the employee discount. There is another incentive for another $1,000 and I get $500 visa credit and they(Ford) pay the first 2 payments up to $1,200.

My fairly loaded XLT came to 28K after the X plan and rebates. This was before the everyone gets an employee discount program. Sticker was 36K, so about 8K in discounts. Of course, thats for a 2005 model.

dtl 2k2 sport said:
42k on the eddie b version at MSRP,, 39k at invoice, it was fully loaded, QUOTE]

that is totally insane. $42000 for a vehicle that in 6 months will be worth what let me guess $32000 at the most..

I will stick to my buy the vehicle 3 years old and let the previous owner take that huge depreatiation hit..

My 2 cents.

davidmmm69 said:
dtl 2k2 sport said:
42k on the eddie b version at MSRP,, 39k at invoice, it was fully loaded, QUOTE]

that is totally insane. $42000 for a vehicle that in 6 months will be worth what let me guess $32000 at the most..

I will stick to my buy the vehicle 3 years old and let the previous owner take that huge depreatiation hit..

My 2 cents.

One thing that you need to realize is that the $32 is the wholesale price. The reason the value of a vehicle drops so much when you first buy it is that the dealer usually makes about 15%. So, the $40k Ex is only worth $34k to the dealer at that moment (which is why your logic is very sound in buying the 3yo vehicle).

They say production has begun on the 06 mountaineer.

oldschool said:
Guess what I saw today???? A brand spankin' new supercharged 4.6L waiting to be taken out to the line for a prototype build on the SVT Sport Trac. The interesting thing is that has the pressure plate/clutch/flywheel. The motor has to be the exact Cobra motor. .

havent finished reading yet but am wondering if you mentioned the soilid axles.... yes the svt sport trac will have solid axles also.... ;)

it is still going to be built for the road as the apprach/crossover/departure angles are not that improved.

i8u said:
.... yes the svt sport trac will have solid axles also.... ;)
says who? all the sources i've seen have said otherwise.
i8u said:
it is still going to be built for the road as the approach/crossover/departure angles are not that improved.
if it is based off the current irs explorer, then they will actually be worse and it'll be nearly impossible to lift.

Another pic
a001-06Explorer_0801n_08-01-2005_2E7JSNB.jpg

and the full article
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0508/01/A01-265711.htm

i8u said:
it is still going to be built for the road as the apprach/crossover/departure angles are not that improved.

For a $35000 plus Explorer and you can not think that it is built for offroad.

Lots of photos!

1.jpg

17.jpg

2.jpg

20.jpg

51.jpg

50.jpg

6.jpg

More info and more pics Here

Stic-o said:
1.jpg

17.jpg

2.jpg

20.jpg

51.jpg

50.jpg

6.jpg

More info and more pics Here

hate the grill...

love the dash and especially the center console adn the shifter.. that is sweet looking... and the 2 white gauges look good..

V-8 4x4 models are expected deliver up to 10 percent better fuel economy, thanks in part to the wide-ratio six-speed automatic transmission - the first in its class. AAAAA+++++

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol, i was thinking the same thing about the grill, hopefully it will grow on us, kinda of a small thing to think about but,, if a rock were to come up and hit my 99 ranger that has the chrome grill i'm going to have an indentation, if a rock hits that it's going to be pretty noticable, small thing to think about but just a thought. I love the inside of it, almost like f-150,, looks good, hope they have the same trim levels AKA: EDDIE B, and Limited. okay just my thoughts, i like the looks of it personally

Back