2006 Explorer | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wonder what the prices on these things will be, read the article. Seems like they have put a lot of thought into some updates and things one would never think of. Starting to even come around on the grill!! :)

still could never get my self to ever buy a new vehicle again. and will wait till they are about 3 years old and puchase another one then i am sure...

dtl 2k2 sport said:
just wanted to let everyone know, so the speculations can stop , and we all can see what's for real.
i wasnt speculating, my post came directly from the 2006 explorer product information guide my sales manager had given me earlier in the day.

...and remember, those grilles you guys dont like are only on the eddie bauer and limited models, meaning you will rarely see them.

I think thats a pretty sweet truck!

I would like to see how the grill looks without the chrome on the hood. Can someone photoshop it?

I like it. :thumbsup:

Okay its been a while sense someone has said something on here about the new arrivals. I've noticed they've put out the new expeditions did they change those on the front alittle?, but has anyone seen the new explorers at their local dealers yet? Or are we going to all have to wait til October?

I saw the new 06 x's this weekend. And I must say that I love , love the inside, outside I'm still not sure about. Looks good w/ the Eddie B package but not much on the plastic trim for the XLT models. Has anyone test drove one or even bothered looking at purchesing one??

Limited msrp = $44,630. Dealer price was $42,500. I dont remember what the invoice was and I would get a rebate of $2000. They also offered me $4500 for my trade.

I could lease it for $434.00 monthly with an additional $3,508 down

44k for an Explorer:eek: I never thought I would see the day. I paid 16k for mine brand new...

yeah, on the eddie b package, it was $40k on the msrp, Little to steep for this beach boy! I think the talking navi system on the model I looked at added another 1500, but is avoiding getting lost worth all that!? For a ford?? On another note, I thought the lil station wagon car out, (the name escapes me, ) but i thought that vehicle would keep the cost alittle lower for true SUV owners/die hards.,,

Its not just a "Ford" anymore. Now its a class leader. Yeah ford!!!
I hope the real world prove this.
I had a test drive schedule but guy never called me.

cant you just go to any ford dealer and drive one? or are they in short supply up there?

When i got there they had 6, 5 was xls and xlts and 1 was limited(v8) which was already sold. The dealer said they have plenty on order but they dont know when they will get there.

I want to test the v8 only.

gotcha,Limited or Eddie b? are you able to get a discount of some kind?

They have $2000 rebate on the 06. Nothing else is going on for the time being. Plus I will try my Costco plan when they have better incentives.

I looked at the ford dealer in fredericksburg and they had a very nice eddie b, 35k on msrp, but marked down to 33k,, seems like still alittle much ,,, is that the best offer possible,,?

For now Ford is not even offering a loyalty discount. They want to see how well it sells first and try to get rid of all the old stock.

I am patient so I will wait for the offers to get better.

I dont have to be the first on the block.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sheehee ford in washington dc area i believe is also throwing out an offer on the 06 models.. Certin ones from what i heard f-150's , Larger Suv's, That's the only dealer i've heard actually continue to call it the family plan special.

Back