2006 Explorer | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer

XLoudFN97X said:
tiny??? The '07 ST is two inches wider and five inches longer than the current wheelbase AND has a 30% larger bed. Both of the above ST models are special editions which include a lowered ride height and 21" wheels. I'm sure the base model will sit much higher, but don't expect it to come with shaved handles and tailgate, and a 390hp powerhouse with functional side vents. Those are extra :D :cool: :D
~stu
Maybe you know something I don't. The current (2005) Explorer is 5 inches wider than the previous model. New ST uses same basic chassis. The frame is 10 inches longer. Could be wheelbase, could be overall length.
I saw a set of 20 inch tires and wheels in the plant yesterday. Has to be for the SVT. The supercharged engine has been sitting in a stock rack for about 2 months now.
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced the Explorer is dead. Ford will put their money in the Sport Trac. That solves the Ranger problem too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$37,000 estimated price for the V6 version! :eek: :thumbdwn:

To put things in perspective.... I paid a little less than that for our 2003 Ram, Cummins Turbo Diesel, long bed, quad cab, dualie, 4x4. Decked out with everything, but leather interior. The Ram can tow a house and haul a tank. What can the Sport Trac do????

Haul arse! The 8 anyways.

Garth said:
Haul arse! The 8 anyways.

I could understand the SVT edition going for 37k, but the article shows the V-6 going for 37k. Hopefully it's a misprint.

They(ford) do this(set the prices high) so they can offer amazing discounts later on.

03ExplorerSPT said:
I hate the way that looks. I'll never own another Explorer again as long as they look like GM made them.

The mecahnicals of the Explorer have gone through many improvements, but I really dislike the new styling. We can only hope that in 2007 Ford will follow the lead of the Jeep Commander and go back to the boxy, truck-like styling instead of the rounded minivan look!

Ford, please don't make me buy a Jeep or a Honda Pilot! :thumbdwn:

Bob

Bwana Bob said:
The mecahnicals of the Explorer have gone through many improvements, but I really dislike the new styling. We can only hope that in 2007 Ford will follow the lead of the Jeep Commander and go back to the boxy, truck-like styling instead of the rounded minivan look!

Bob

Yuck boxy truck style. thumbsdown.
unless you live in the past..

Bwana Bob said:

Bob
HA! sorry, I gotta quote this too....

Minivan?!! are you nucking futs?

Anyways, you GO and buy yourself a Honda. See what Ford cares :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...

I also have a minivan plus the 2 explorers. and there is absolutly nothing wrong with a minivan!!!!

rounded means new and not a square box 1970's

Old Mazda MPVs were minivans. With RWD, hinged doors, and optional 4 wheel drive with low range. Those weren't bad.

davidmmm69 said:
Yuck boxy truck style. thumbsdown.
unless you live in the past..

Well, yes, I like the styling of the 1st and 2nd gen Explorers better (plus they got better gas mileage), and yes, I don't even like automatic transmissions, and yes, I do live in the past.

Seriously, its all a matter of personal preference, so we have a non-argumetn, which I can't win anyway. Time marches on.

Bob

F14CRAZY said:
Old Mazda MPVs were minivans. With RWD, hinged doors, and optional 4 wheel drive with low range. Those weren't bad.
oh yea, the "Multi-Person Vehicle" LoL I still get a kick outta those :D Horray for muddin' soccer moms!
:burnout:
~stu

Someone has a pic of an MPV that's lifted.

I've seen a couple AWD Astros lifted but lack of low range would suck

I guess in order for Ford to be like jeep and Honda(pilot) they would have to get rid of the ladder frame. All the jeep accidents up here the jeeps (cherokee) breaks in half. Can you imagine a car hitting your truck and breaking it in two.

Garth said:
I guess in order for Ford to be like jeep and Honda(pilot) they would have to get rid of the ladder frame. All the jeep accidents up here the jeeps (cherokee) breaks in half. Can you imagine a car hitting your truck and breaking it in two.

Yes, with a real frame, you know its a real truck. Its wondrous that Ford has resisted unibody construction in the Explorer for so long. Of course, Jeep has had unibody for many years. I understand that the Honda Pilot is actually built on their Odyssey minivan platform, so I don't know how strong the suspension components are. I don't wheel my Ex, but it has taken a pounding from the big potholes on Route 80, so I consider it a very durable vehicle.

Bob

Rick said:
$37,000 estimated price for the V6 version! :eek: :thumbdwn:

To put things in perspective.... I paid a little less than that for our 2003 Ram, Cummins Turbo Diesel, long bed, quad cab, dualie, 4x4. Decked out with everything, but leather interior. The Ram can tow a house and haul a tank. What can the Sport Trac do????

the explorer can look nice??? maybe???

uhm,, 37k ,, is that for XLT? Limited? Eddie B,, I would like to sell the 2k2sport here next year but for that kind of cash,, My lil eddie b, might have to be a diff make or something! Little to expensive for my taste/ budget,

Sport Trac V6! Do remember that the $37,000 price tag is going to run you under $30,000 before taxes and fee after you minus the usual loyalty bonus, cash incentives($4-$5,000.) and only paying $250-$500 over invoice.

You will have to go into the stealership and work boy!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should wait and get one 3 years old. and let some other fool take the huge Depreciation hit on the new vehicle.
i thought i just read also someone who had a 2005 escape and just traded it for a 2005 explorer.
wow that must have been a huge upside down deal.
if you pay say $25000 for a 2005 escape and as soon as you drive off the lot it dropped alot. and then go back say 6 months later to trade that in?what are they going to give you since it is far from new anymore, about $20000 if you are lucky.
Wow I hate even the thought of buying a new vehicle.
Cash is always best.once the vehicle is 2 to 3 years old.

Back