2006 Ford Explorer. Air is not coming out of the A/C panel vents. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer. Air is not coming out of the A/C panel vents.

jabberwocky47

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
Air suddenly stopped coming out of the panel vents and is now only coming out of the defroster and floor vents. I have read the other postings regarding this subject which indicate checking the vacuum reservoir (vacuum globe). However, I have been unable to find the vacuum reservoir in my 2006 Ford Explorer. I do see the vacuum reservoir in my 2004 Ranger which is in plain sight.

Anyone know where it is located and have any other ideas?

Thank you,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Air suddenly stopped coming out of the panel vents and is now only coming out of the defroster and floor vents. I have read the other postings regarding this subject which indicate checking the vacuum reservoir (vacuum globe). However, I have been unable to find the vacuum reservoir in my 2006 Ford Explorer. I do see the vacuum reservoir in my 2004 Ranger which is in plain sight.

Anyone know where it is located and have any other ideas?

Thank you,

look under the air filter box,my 03sport trac had the same problem ,a new vavuum ball fixed it klg

Thanks for the response. I have found it inside the cabin behind the glove box.

Back