2006 Ford Explorer Product Information | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer Product Information

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First time I've really sat there and looked at it. It looks like the Expedition up front. That 3v 4.6 and 6 speed auto will be very nice too.

And a V-8 with lowrange should be fun as well :D

hey rick, how did you convert the .DV format that ford.media.com uses into .mpg? ive been on ford's media website for some time now, and have most of the videos offered online, but they are in that huge .dv format? any idea? thanks

The section of their site that I was at gave me several options for file format. I just went there and couldn't find it again...

Are you there as "acredited media" or just as a regular subscriber? That may be the difference.

good post. Your link on the main post doesn't work though.

-Drew

I fixed the link.

Saw my first 06 Explorer in person today, parked next to it at a country club.

Not bad, I like the look in person. More attractive than the 02-05.

The engine sounds great too.

Looks good! I see one on the way to work everyday. I think the new interior pannels kind of have a little 1st gen look to them.

Can't wait to see the Sport-Trac though! Really wish they would make a new 2 door Sport though. :rolleyes:

New Explorer looks good

With the 300 horse V8, 6-speed manumatic and low range, I just might be able to overlook the IRS nonsense... :D

Nice looking truck, much better than gen 3.

I definetly like them. More refined than the 3rd gens. I like them too, but this looks even better. Shame the parents want a GM next :(

IAmTodd said:
I definetly like them. More refined than the 3rd gens. I like them too, but this looks even better. Shame the parents want a GM next :(

I helped convince my rents to get an 04 X instead of an Envoy last year. :D

It's a shame they won't be available over here. I like the sound of a 4.6 with 6 speed and low ratio. What more can anyone want. 38's lol.

Stic-o said:
Looks good! I see one on the way to work everyday. I think the new interior pannels kind of have a little 1st gen look to them.

Can't wait to see the Sport-Trac though! Really wish they would make a new 2 door Sport though. :rolleyes:

IMHO, the Escape replaced the Explorer sport. the dimensions are almost the same.

Bob

When is the hybrid Explorer coming out? Any rumors or speculation?

Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bwana Bob said:
IMHO, the Escape replaced the Explorer sport. the dimensions are almost the same.

Bob

If the escape is supposed to replace the explorer sport, then Ford messed up bad! :thumbdwn:

Lets compare:

Explorer Sport
Solid rear axle
Rear wheel drive
torquey 4.0L V-6
4 wheel drive w/ low range
2 doors
When properly modified is a good offroader

Escape
IRS
Front wheel drive
Some torque-less piece of crap out of a Taurus