2006 Ford Explorer Windshield Weatherstripping Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Explorer Windshield Weatherstripping Replacement

battmantiss

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi, my windshield weatherstripping is coming out of the channel, can I just glue it in or do I need to replace it? If I need to just replace it, where would I find this? I've checked some vendors with no luck. I've tried pushing it back in, it goes in but comes right back out as soon as I hit the freeway.

IMG_0581.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would take it to a glass shop and see what they can do.

I would take it to a glass shop and see what they can do.

That's not helping me, now is it? I want options on how to fix it myself.

Thanks

I wonder if this is why my windshield leaks a little when it rains.... I should have went car shopping when it was raining so I would have seen this problem before I bought it and it rained 3 weeks later... LOL..... they have a special glue for windshields if you can find a tube I would fill the gap and then press the seal back in.... it comes in a calking like tube

Ok I agree with MotorCityFats13 if you can get the Urathane glue that's holds the windshield on that would be best. I do know that some windshields come with weatherstripping and are not sold as a replacement part.

Back