• Register Today It's free!

2006 Ford Exployer 4X4

t_stalk2

Reaction score
City, State
Parma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie
PLEASE HELP!! I have a 2006 Ford Explorer 4X4 , thought my girl pump went out so I replaced it, still wouldn't start so I bought a fuel module from junk yard it still didn't work. I took it to get a scan to see what they said, they told me it was the module so I figured I got a bad one so I bought a new one, you guessed it it still didn't work. I decided it was the computer after scanning . Put the new computer in and had a locksmith out to program the key for the new computer, didn't work! I did scan from computer to the fuel pump and shows it's right on both ends! I looked up the module again because it kept coming upturn scanned. I called a Ford dealer and they said that Ford replaced that part number with a different number so I ordered that one out it in and still didn' t work! After reading up on it I thought it was the crankshaft poisoning sensor so I just replaced that, still doesn't work! I need to fix this by the end of the month for our e-check! ANY SUGGESTIONS DEEPLY APPRECIATED

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same your time and money and find someone with a good scan tool who knows how to use it. Too many mechanics just read a code and assume a part is bad. They need to do further analysis to conform a part is bad. Otherwise you will keep replacing good parts with new ones and the repairs will become very expensive. You will hear a multitude of opinions here about what might be wrong but we are all guessing about what is causing the problem. You can do some research on YouTube to find out how to test parts to confirm if they are good or bad before replacing them.

Same your time and money and find someone with a good scan tool who knows how to use it. Too many mechanics just read a code and assume a part is bad. They need to do further analysis to conform a part is bad. Otherwise you will keep replacing good parts with new ones and the repairs will become very expensive. You will hear a multitude of opinions here about what might be wrong but we are all guessing about what is causing the problem. You can do some research on YouTube to find out how to test parts to confirm if they are good or bad before replacing them.
Thank you for your advise! I have tried YouTube and haven't came up with anything that I haven't tried! I also own two different scanners but I thought I'd I took it and had them scan it they could tell me but they keep telling me it is the module! The only thing I can come up with is maybe the wiring is corroded somewhere but there is so many wires and the colors change. I did get the wiring schematics for it but still can't find what it would be! It's got to be something stupid that I will be kicking myself for not seeing it sooner! I do appreciate you getting back to me though! Thanks!

Thank you for your advise! I have tried YouTube and haven't came up with anything that I haven't tried! I also own two different scanners but I thought I'd I took it and had them scan it they could tell me but they keep telling me it is the module! The only thing I can come up with is maybe the wiring is corroded somewhere but there is so many wires and the colors change. I did get the wiring schematics for it but still can't find what it would be! It's got to be something stupid that I will be kicking myself for not seeing it sooner! I do appreciate you getting back to me though! Thanks!
The videos I have watched regarding diagnosis show the mechanic using real time data logging to pinpoint problems. The output signals of the parts in questions can tell a lot about what specifically is wrong. It is almost an art form to be good at doing this.

PLEASE HELP!! I have a 2006 Ford Explorer 4X4 , thought my girl pump went out so I replaced it, still wouldn't start so I bought a fuel module from junk yard it still didn't work. I took it to get a scan to see what they said, they told me it was the module so I figured I got a bad one so I bought a new one, you guessed it it still didn't work. I decided it was the computer after scanning . Put the new computer in and had a locksmith out to program the key for the new computer, didn't work! I did scan from computer to the fuel pump and shows it's right on both ends! I looked up the module again because it kept coming upturn scanned. I called a Ford dealer and they said that Ford replaced that part number with a different number so I ordered that one out it in and still didn' t work! After reading up on it I thought it was the crankshaft poisoning sensor so I just replaced that, still doesn't work! I need to fix this by the end of the month for our e-check! ANY SUGGESTIONS DEEPLY APPRECIATED
Are you us

Just out of curiosity have you checked the fuel inertial cutoff switch in the passenger footwell?
Can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key to the on position?

As 94eddie has said we can only guess on what it could be.

Just out of curiosity have you checked the fuel inertial cutoff switch in the passenger footwell?
Can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key to the on position?

As 94eddie has said we can only guess on what it could be.
Thank you for the reply! Yes have checked the delay in the inside also. I can bypass from the fuel pump to the computer to get it running( not safe I know) I can ground my fuel pump to the side and it runs perfect but as soon as I connect it back to the way it should be it won't start. That's why I figured it would be my computer but then when that didn't work the only thing I could come up with is that a wire has to been corroded somewhere because everything else has been replaced. I have the wiring schematics but I am afraid of I do something wrong I might mess up the computer!

Thank you!

Living where you do, it could be as simple as a rusted ground or corroded pin in one of the connectors.

But like 2 others have said, we are only guessing...

Back