2006 Mud Bogg Season in Central Va. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Mud Bogg Season in Central Va.

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
It is that time of year again. As the gentle sweet sounds of spring are replaced by the sound of wide open throttles and straight exhausts pipes you know it is once again mud bogg season in central Virginia. The first event is Watkins Farm Route 360 (just north of Mechanicsville). I believe that it is Saturday April 1 2 to 10.

Then the following weekend is Bodacious jeep races (Colombia Va), which I believe includes sand drags, mud bogg and cross country racing.

The most notable one is Tuti's mud bogg King William Va, on April 14, (good Friday). I would plan to arrive as early as possible 12 to 2 PM because if you wait the traffic gets bad after 4:00.

I am hoping to go to all three, but for sure Tuti's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody going to Watkins on April 1? I am waiting to see what the weather does.

I will probably hit a few this year. do you run your truck or watch. Bodacious is in Cartersville VA. there's also a good one in Dinwiddie at the Virginia Motor Sports park (its probably the best in the area) they have a sight I think its www.liftmasters.com . I would like to know more about Watkins, I've never heard of this one before. there's one at Drakes Branch (I've never been to it, but it seems to be good from second hand Info) Midway (East of South Boston on 58), and Keeling (East of Danville off of old rt.360). If I go I'm slinging some dirt.

I have not been to the VMSP in Dinwiddie yet. I sometimes run my junk in the hole. Last year I hydrolocked my X in the hole. I do not yet have a snokel so I will not be putting my junk in the hole just yet. I may even just buy a dedicated bogg truck.

Watkins Farm has events every couple of months during the season. Last year they had their first pay event. It is not sanctioned. It is mostly all the local boys playing in the mud. It is on US Route 360 about 30-miles northeast of Richmond.

i'll be at the tutis mud bogg. i went to a watkins one last year it was pretty good.

I went to Watkins last Saturday. The weather was nice and the scenery was spectacular. I saw one other lifted Navajo. I will definately be at Tutis. I am going to get out there around 1:00. If you are comming after 5 I would come the back way to avoid the traffic.

hey unclemeat can you give me direction coming from virginia beach?

Tommy

64 west to Rt.30. Go through West Point about 25 miles at Rumford take a left on Rt 600 (east River Road I beleive), go about 5-miles it is on left.

The back way (I have not been and I dont have a good map) same as above except Rt 30 past West Point, about 20 miles (just berfore King William) take a left on Rt. 633, go about a mile then take a right on 621, go about 5-miles and take a right on rt 600 (east River Road) it should be on your right about a mile or two. Note if Rt 621 dead ends you have gone to far by about a mile.

From Richmond 360 east, right on Rt 30 at Central Garage, right on Rt 600 East River Road, will be on your left.

Anybody go out to Tuti's? I could not find my camera so I dont have any pics. Anybody with pics? We saw four rollovers. One was a Polaris 4wheeler and the chick riding tried to stop it with her arm. Needles to say she broke her arm pretty good and got a fast ride to the hospital. Tuti's is the best mud bogg.

Pictures from Mud Bogs

I was at the Good Friday mud bog race off route 600. Was that Tuti's or Watkins and is it a weekly or monthly event? I have some pics I took. I'm new to this site and was wondering if there is a place to post the pictures? I hear there is another event in Charles City County on a twice a month thing.

Steve

That was Tuti's. I believe that they have one more event , but I dont know when.

Watkins has events about every 2-months.

If you have any info on a bogg in Charles City Co. do tell.

I'm stuck out here in operation OEF and OIF while you guys are eating up the mud holes. Trying to find anyone out there that has a V8 ranger like mine. Plus it's doesn't hurt to find a hook-up on some 1 tons. Since you are talking about Dimwitty, if you go to the web site and sellect "Da hole" that's the 92 Eddie "B" with the full size axles and 460. I know it's going to break your hearts but I had to tear it down to build the ranger. Lost 2,300lbs in the process. She'll smoke the tires in 2wd for a block or two hitting first through third. If anyone out there like's to build bb or sb rangers give me a shout. My e-mail is carl.johnson@navy.mil

Bobby Crawley has a V8 in his Ranger

carl's 90 ranger

I've got a ranger I built with a v8 and was looking to find other ford builders out there who like mud bogging. I built my truck before I went overseas so I can't say how it would do at Virginia motor sports park but I did get a chance to run it at Morgans Corner before I left. I broke the ring gear off the carrier but replaced it with a race spool. I have taken it out once before I left with the new set-up and it did great. I would like to find someone who's into the same thing cause I intend to build a second one. I've always been into mudracing. My uncle raced early modle 77 and below bronco's. He away's opted for the BB engine so I followed suit. I couldn't find a dove block at the time so my ranger has a DIVE 460 bored 30 over with rv cam which was a mistake to buy. It is a redneck mobile but at the track it gets the job done. I am trying to find someone in the area who's into the same thing. I've got plenty of know how on explorer's and ranger's.

There is a mud bog next week at charles city raceway. It is a run what you brung, but they do have money events scheduled for the upcoming season. If you check my other thread on tutis mud bog, I have a link and phone # for the group running the event. If you go to that event you will find a bunch of people with similar intrests as yourself.

Back