2006 premier wrench light and check engine light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 premier wrench light and check engine light

2006awdpremier

Reaction score
City, State
louisville ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 mercury mountaineer
i just bought a 2006 merc mountaineer awd premier with 4.6 v8. previous owner didnt inform and obviously scammed me by resetting the codes. test drive was very nice to say the least. got it home and problem after problem. first off started with a check engine light that autozone scanned and was a p0446 code. next the traction control light is intermediantly flashing. then the air bag light.

i already changed gas cap and vent valve solenoid.

problems started as a high pitch fan noise that i believe is the cooler fan kicking on. this starts after i drive for awhile and come to a stop, then on take off the wrench light comes on and the cooler fan starts. the car also drives with high rpms 3-4 at 50 mph. but if i stop and turn the car off and restart sometimes it goes away.

sadly im pretty sure its more then one problem any ideas on what can cause these types of symptoms

..Welcome here..:D

..I'm moving your thread over to a sub forum where others may see it and will be able to help you out ..;)

You are right to say that it is most likely more than one problem... start by making sure that you don't have any coolant leaks, then I would see if the plugs/coils have ever been replaced and finally I would check the front wheel bearings to make sure that they are all still good. Basically the things listed above are the most common issues with the 4.6 vehicles.
Also, I am pretty sure that there is a "lemon" law in your state and whoever sold you the vehicle is liable for the issues since they tried to hide them from you (were not made aware of) before you purchased the vehicle.

Back