2007 Bed Extender help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Bed Extender help

T_scott

Reaction score
OK. So I researched and read a lot about the differences between 05 and earlier and 07 bed extenders. I have an after market cover so I decided to be patient and watch for an 07-10 extender on Craigslist/eBay. Found one, practically new. It cuts in sharper than the red version in my buddies ST so I thought my research on here had me squared away.

I went to install and it seems like it is probably about 2 inches too narrow. The bed has all the mounting holes on it which is all I understood to be needed. Is there some sort of bracket I am missing? I am thinking maybe get some trex decking, cut to size and line up the mounting holes.

Thought? Am I over thinking? I have searched threads and can't find an answer, it may be there but I haven't found it yet. If anyone has a pic of theirs installed that might be all I need.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have holes, you need the hindges. they are dirt cheap from the dealer. I did have a spare set rolling around but I think they got chucked when i moved.

Any chance you have a part number I can reference? I called them before I posted and they acted like I had two heads.

That looks like the pivot pin which i think I also need, but the locking pins just seem way too short to me.

Do you have the bed extender strikers that are suppose to be mounted into the side wall near the opening of your tailgate? Thats what your bed extender is suppose to slip and lock onto when you install it. I have a couple extra myself.

I don't have them. Based on the responses and some more picture research I think that may be all I need.

Mine was missing them too. Had to buy them from ford. .I only needed 2, but they come as a package of 4. Thats why i have 2 left over.

Back