2007 Eddie Bauer 4.0 Engine swap TROUBLE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Eddie Bauer 4.0 Engine swap TROUBLE

Mac4975

Reaction score
City, State
Bergen, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Ford Explorer 4.0 V6
Hi all new here and looking for some help with my current issue with my engine swap.
I swapped my engine (07 explorer eddie bauer 4x4, 4.0) with a 05 XLT Explorer 4x4, 4.0. Both engines have the 8th Letter E.
Everything went smooth with engine removal and installation.

When trying to start it initially it turns over the first time, after that it cranks but will not start and over fuels the engine.
Checked all connections and everything seems to be connected and tight.
I am getting spark and have solid compression.

I used the wiring harness from the 07 and all sensors and such look like for like.

I still have the blown engine from the 07 and the 05's wiring harness and trans with wiring.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Would love to try and get this thing running this weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Along with the wire harness and sensors, did you also swap the fuel injectors? Are the injectors the same or different?

According to ROCKAUTO, the motorcraft fuel injector for 2005 is a different part number than 2007, just what the difference is I dont know, I would use the use the injectors from the 2007 engine since those match the year make and model of your truck and most importantly the ECM.

I will swap the injectors and fuel rails tonight. And see if that works fingers crossed.

Just finished swapping injectors. Explorer started right up. But now is blowing excessive white smoke and running rough. Any thoughts??

let it burn up all the extra fuel you dumped into the exhaust and combustion chambers, report back
See if check engine light comes on
Check your firing order
Check your fuel rail pressure
check for leaks

Back