• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer 12v Powerpoints

lcrum1

Reaction score
City, State
Linden MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer EB V8
Hi all - new member, first post. I just bought a used 2007 Explorer EB V8. Going through it finding all the little things wrong I need to fix. (crappy lighted visor covers broke, etc) Discovered that both the front and rear power points are not working. Checked the fuses (21 and 25) in the Power Distribution Box - both good. Grabbed my multimeter and was surprised that I was showing around 28-30 VDC at both sockets. Started taking things apart a bit to see if maybe I had a ground problem or an obvious wiring issue but I couldn't find anything. Wanted to throw this out there before I get to far into this. Has anybody seen this? Every thread I've found is usually one or the other not working and most times the fix is a fuse or new socket. Might need a wiring diagram? Any input would be appreciated!! I'd rather not re-route a 12 volt straight source off the battery as a fix unless I have to. Thanks in advance!!

I moved your thread to our Stock 2006 - 2010 subforum where the right folks should see it.

We solved this last night - the title was changed. Look at 'False reading of 30 volts DC..........'.

I have use meters as long as I can remember. Personally still like a good analogue meter which I have as well as 4 or so digital ones. Analogue meters are much better to see real variation, and properly. While most digitals will jump around and you don't really know if its the connection or leads. I never see a digital meter read anything like that with a weak batter. They usually show low batt symbol and/or dim and go blank in time. I think that's something Fluke should address for what people pay for them.

Back