2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer - Blower Works Intermittently | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer - Blower Works Intermittently

wpannone

Reaction score
City, State
USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Hello All!

This is my first post on Explorer Forums so bare with me! My 07 Explorer Eddie Bauer's blower (on any temperature or speed) works very intermittently - if at all. Sometimes, when I start the car it will work and continue to do so! However, 9/10 times it will not turn on at all and it may turn on at some point during my drive. Now I have done my homework and I think I have narrowed it down to a "blower motor relay" or "blower motor resistor" that needs to be replaced, but I am not sure. It has the automatic climate control of course, but I am not sure what part could be malfunctioning. Thank you all for your help!!

- William

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

with the digital control there is no resister its a different part (my best guess is that part is a pwm controller that controls the blower motor) it could be that part. or it is possible the blower motor is bad that would require some testing to make sure its bad.

with the digital control there is no resister its a different part (my best guess is that part is a pwm controller that controls the blower motor) it could be that part. or it is possible the blower motor is bad that would require some testing to make sure its bad.

Darn, would this be an expensive repair? How could I go about testing the blower? Thanks for all of your help!:thumbsup:

i was wrong there is a resistor but its a different part for the auto control. it sound more like a loose connection rather than a resistor problem. i don't have the auto control but when my resistor failed I had no 1 and 2 speed and the 3 and 4 speed was always high speed. here is a test for the motor when it is not working go to the passenger side and tap/hit the motor see if it starts up if it does its the motor. also check for loose/corroded connections.
almost forgot the motor is around $80 from advanceautoparts.com and the resistor is around $95 usd. amazon has both of them a little bit cheaper. both of the parts a fairly easy to change yourself.

i was wrong there is a resistor but its a different part for the auto control. it sound more like a loose connection rather than a resistor problem. i don't have the auto control but when my resistor failed I had no 1 and 2 speed and the 3 and 4 speed was always high speed. here is a test for the motor when it is not working go to the passenger side and tap/hit the motor see if it starts up if it does its the motor. also check for loose/corroded connections.
almost forgot the motor is around $80 from advanceautoparts.com and the resistor is around $95 usd. amazon has both of them a little bit cheaper. both of the parts a fairly easy to change yourself.

I will do some testing and report back! Is the motor under the passenger dash (under the glove box)?

So I was on my way from work this evening and it looks like I am having some air coming through the vents. It is a very little flow, but there is at least some air moving. Perhaps this can help decipher the problem. Even though I have my climate control fan speed set on full blast, I still get the constant little flow of air. However, when I do turn on the recycling air button, the air flow goes to pretty much nothing.

Well I have tried to find diagnosing car hvac systems with auto controls and have not found anything when I get acces to my haynes manual I will check there.

My blower quit working completely. Did all tests, tried to figure problem, couldn't find anything. Just for the heck of it I smacked the bottom of blower with my hand and it started working, months ago, still working fine. Worth a try.

Back