2007 Explorer Front End Torque Specs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Front End Torque Specs

rpasetto

Reaction score
Hi, I searched the forum and could not find a list of torque specs. Just did brakes and now want to make sure that the caliper bolt and caliper bracket torques are right. Next project is replacing inner and outer tie rod ends so I need torque specs here too. I hope someone can help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Front caliper bolts 24 ft-lbs
Front caliper mounting bracket bolts 122 ft-lbs
Rear brakes 24 ft-lbs
Tie-rod locknut 59 ft-lbs
Tie-rod balljoint nut 76 ft-lbs
(Torque specs are out of a haynes manual)

The haynes manual does not list anything for the inner tie-rod.

Wow, nothing at all. Really I have the front end out of my 2007 Mercury Mountineer and can't find the torque spec for the inner tie road to the rack and pinion piston. Built these vehicles from 95 -2007 I cam rebuild these in my sleep but I don't know the torque specs and Haynes manual doesn't even mention the inner tie rod

I think why they don't give a torque spec is once you put it together there is not enough play for the inner tie rod end to loosen and come out. I could be wrong but it makes sense in my mind.

FYI, many of the torque specs have 2 or 3 different values depending on the year....

Back